Work Schedule:Monday through Fridays from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
First Review Deadline:This position will remain open until filled. Applications will be reviewed beginning September 19, 2017.
Current employees will be given preferred consideration.
DESCRIPTION Under the general supervision of the Director of Procurement and Contracts, and in accordance with all applicable state laws and Trustees and University policies, the incumbent is responsible for the review and approval of all contract activities for the university. The incumbent will be responsible for the oversight of RFP contracts from initiation through completion and acts as an agent of the university for campus clients during the contract negotiation process for the purposes of mitigating liabilities to the university.
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Draft and establish binding contracts • Assess and negotiate complex contract terms and conditions • Develop final executable contract documents • Provide on-going contract administration to assure contract compliance, • Correct contractual problems and processes, contract close-outs and/or cancelations. • Review client generated contracts for accuracy and completeness, including but not limited to, State, federal, private industry and non?profit agreements, utilizing clauses and forms as appropriate for each. • Reviews, develops and finalizes Student Affiliation and Intern Agreements, Teaching Agreements, and other off-campus experience-based learning agreements. • Reviews and finalizes various non-standard lease, facility and operating agreements for adherence to campus, CSU, and state guidelines, policies, and regulations, to assess potential risks and recommends approval/disapproval. • Draft special agreements. Negotiate with client; interface with the Office of Risk Management, as needed, to finalize favorable contracting terms. • Monitor and request change orders or amendments to contracts as needed. Draft special modifications/amendments for contracts; negotiate terms and conditions as required. • Maintain physical and electronic contract files and records for auditing and internal control purposes. Maintain administrative monitoring of contracts for compliance, and potential changes to scope, schedule, and payment terms. Report findings and recommend actions. • Maintains current working knowledge of State law, CSU, and CSUSB policies and procedures. Interprets and applies knowledge of applicable laws, codes, regulations and policies in contract responsibilities. Reviews contract terms and conditions to ensure they are appropriate for the commodity or services procured. • Develop, maintain and update as necessary quick reference and business process guides for contract administration. • Create templates, process maps, process and policy manuals related to contracts for use within the department
REQUIRED: Bachelor's degree and/or the equivalent training and administrative work experience involving study, analysis, and/or evaluation leading to the development or improvement of administrative policies, procedures, practices, or programs in the specialty of Contract Administration. Valid CA Driver's License and Insurance.
Four years of related experience in complex programs and the administrative specialty of Contract Administration, Facilities and Construction contract administration, and other university agreements including pertinent laws and regulations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of California State Contracting Manual; Federal Acquisition Regulations; and Federal Office of Management and Budget (OMB) Circulars.
• Knowledge of and ability to apply extensive expertise to complex programs and/or administrative specialties related to Procurement and Contracting, including pertinent laws and regulations.
• Demonstrated expertise in and advanced knowledge of the principles, problems, and methods of public and business administration and operational and fiscal management. • Demonstrated ability to communicate with others to collaboratively resolve problems effectively and efficiently.
• Knowledge of administrative survey techniques, operations and systems analysis, statistical and research methods, and the ability to interpret and evaluate results to develop sound conclusions and recommend new or revised policies.
• Ability to understand problems from a broad, interactive perspective and discern applicable underlying principles to conceive of and develop strategic solutions.
• Ability to work with representatives from public and private entities and handle potentially sensitive situations.
• Ability to understand and apply expertise to complex university contracts and agreements including application of applicable laws and regulations. • Ability to administer all aspects of procurement contracting including ability to strategize, analyze, develop, evaluate and execute contract administration methodologies. • Ability to develop and present training material in person and remotely. • Ability to establish and maintain cooperative relationships with vendors, staff, administrators, and members of the general public. • Ability to understand and apply expertise in public and business administration and operational and fiscal management topics related to contract administration. • Ability to effectively present ideas and concepts in written or presentation format and use consultative and facilitation skills to gain consensus. • Ability to drive on state business approximately 1-5 times per month. • Ability to determine the facts and speak authoritatively. • Demonstrated ability to negotiate complex terms and conditions, reducing risk and liability exposure for the Campus. • Demonstrated ability to develop management reports for tracking contract negotiations and providing updates to end users. Ability to perform in an automated purchasing environment, including ability to use MS Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, and various software applications in "LAN" environments. • Ability to participate in some travel to represent the University and CSUSB Purchasing and/or Risk Management at various professional functions and conferences. • Demonstrated ability to work independently to review and/or develop complete and accurate final contract documents. • Ability to accurately and responsibly manage a high volume of contracts and administrative detail. • Ability to multi-task and meet multiple deadlines. • Excellent business math skills. • Excellent organizational skills. • Experience requesting and monitoring change orders and modification/amendments to contracts. Ability to prepare or evaluate responses to Requests for Proposals. • Experience with establishing and maintaining physical and electronic contract files and records for auditing and internal control purposes. • Ability to attend to details of contracting components to ensure organization, efficiencies, and legally sound documents. • Excellent written and oral communication skills required for daily communication with University staff, independent contractors, and clients. • Demonstrated ability to use sound, independent judgment.?
• Experience in writing invitation-to-bid, evaluating vendors responses.
• Experience in Creating and writing bid specifications.
• Experience in Conducting bid analysis to determine award of bid or proposal.
DESIRED: Professional purchasing certificate ( C.P.M, CPPB, CPPO, CPSM), CSU and/or state purchasing experience; PeopleSoft experience; and Eprocurement experience.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
California State University, San Bernardino is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, or protected veteran status.
This position may be "Designated" under California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. This would require the filing of a Statement of Economic Interest on an annual basis and the completion of training within 6 months of assuming office and every 2 years thereafter. Visit the Human Resources Conflict of Interest webpage link for additional information: http://hrd.csusb.edu/conflictInterest.html
This position adheres to CSU policies against Sex Discrimination, Sexual Harassment, and Sexual Violence, including Domestic Violence, Dating Violence, and Stalking. This requires completion of Sexual Violence Prevention Training within 6 months of assuming employment and on a two-year basis thereafter. (Executive Order 1096)
California State University, San Bernardino offers a challenging and innovative academic environment. The university seeks to provide a supportive and welcoming social and physical setting where students, faculty and staff feel they belong and can excel. The university provides students the opportunity to engage in the life of the campus, interact with others of diverse backgrounds and cultures, a...s well as participate in activities that encourage growth, curiosity and scholarly fulfillment. Through its branch campus in Palm Desert, the university mission extends to the Coachella Valley.