The Managing Engineer provides leadership of the company's Operations, Dispatch, Sales and Business Development. He/she also makes decisions regarding improving productivity, quality and efficiency of operations.
The Managing Engineer assists with the creation and implementation of the company's strategic plans including integrity, safety, teamwork, education, quality and financial stability. He/she must have a solid grasp of the industry’s concepts, practices, and procedures.
· Provides the technical leadership to the team to facilitate outstanding service in the field and lab.
· Performs daily engineering tasks that include; field and lab report review, attend site meetings and perform engineering observations and functions.
· Conducts engineering related investigations and studies and produces the formal reports.
· Works with clients and staff to resolve open issues, non-conformance issues and other situations.
· Produces project Final Affidavits, DSA and OSHPD close out forms and other client requested documents.
· Oversee and manage the operational management team. This includes the lab manager, scheduler and field services supervisor.
· Perform customer service and project management functions, through review of project reports, budgets, quality assurance audits and other customer issues as necessary.
· Create a strong, supportive environment in which field and lab employees feel empowered and a part of the United team.
· Spend a great deal of time motivating and creating a culture that is conducive to empowered and self-actualized employees, resulting in a stronger, more effective organization.
· Build and maintain positive long-term working relationships with clients
· Call on existing customers to communicate company’s service capabilities and expand services provided
· Assist in the creation of capital and operational budgets each year.
· Manage the financial direction of the lab and field operations to facilitate growth and profitability.
· Review analyses of activities, costs, operations, and forecast data to determine department’s progress toward stated goals and objectives.
Assist with the market analysis and help develop objectives and strategies in support of overall business development goals.
Work with marketing and administrative staff to develop specific project approach strategies for proposals and presentations.
Be an active contributor in presentations to potential clientele.
EXPERIENCE AND REGISTRATIONS:
Must have an active California registration as a Civil Engineer with over ten years of experience preferably in the Geotechnical, Construction Materials Testing and Special Inspection industry.
About United Heider Inspection Group
United-Heider Inspection Group is the merger of two industry leaders under one banner. United Testing and Inspection and Heider Inspection Group have been service providers in the Materials Testing and Inspection industry for over 30 years. Both companies were wholly owned subsidiaries of the Engineering Testing Services (ETS) family of companies and the combining of the two companies creates a depth of expertise and resources that are unmatched in the industry. We have access to state of the art laboratory facilities, an increase in professional staff and relationships throughout the Western United States.United-Heider Inspection Group is committed to "Building Relationships." Our company's qualifications can be judged in part by our history, our technical capabilities, and our commitment of doing quality work at a fair market price. Our strong commitment to our clients has been the driving force behind our success. Over the the years we have been involved in a wide variety of major construction projects for clients across many market sectors. Sectors include; Public Works, Education, College and Universities, Commercial and Industrial, Residential and Mixed-use, along with Local, State and Federal Government projects.